Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Story time...history of a li'l girl...*Little Bean*

Bad news usually comes on mondays right. . . ? Isn't that the way things are supposed to happen. . . Well, here's some news. . . it happens on Tuesdays too.

First, a little background for you guys. Back in October of 1999 ( I can remember the exact month cause my father died then ), I started talking to a group of really cool people in a yahoo chat room. Well, things progressed with one of these individuals to the point of talking outside the chatroom on Yahoo messenger, quite often, nearly non-stop. This friendship continued for the better part of 4 years online, while I was in Japan, and in California, and in Iraq. There were a few times when communication was sparse, and feelings got a little rough, but we felt like we loved each other. I believe that I did, and still do to an extent; I may not be in love with her though and wonder if I ever truly was. But that is beside the point for now.

Next step, before I leave for Iraq we actually meet face to face, and body to body. She is as beautiful as I ever imagined. I cried when I saw her and acted all girly as I ran up to hug her as she came walking through the hallway where the plane passengers emerge. Yeah. . . I'm manly. I know. Anyway, that week was alright. I battled traffic for an hour to see her from about 7pm to about 12 midnight every evening for a week and then drove the hour back home. Then back to New York she went, and a few weeks later I get relocated to a vast desert of sandiness and unbelievable heat, surround by fellow Marines. Ooh Rah and all that crap.

Now it's time for me to exit the Marine Corps ((*yay*)) so I come home to US soil again, and drive my VW bus home to texas, but not before I see Norah Jones in concert from like 6 rows back ((*insert more girly screams and tears*)) I make it home and after seeing family, head up to New York to live with *Luci* ((names have been sub'd)) for a bout 3 months. During these three months I realize that although we may agree on a lot of things and I am content in her company, we do not exactly think near enough the same way, and there are several indescribable little things that would drive me crazy had I to stay with her long term. Also during these three months, around Halloween we start to suspect that *Luci* is with child (**nervous shakes**) and shortly before the grand turkey-lurkey-day in November, our suspicions our confirmed via E.P.T. from the local drugstore. I am neither enthusiastic about this, nor am I devastated. I just kind of accept it as something that just "is." To make matters worse emotionally, back around Halloween I let her know my take on the difference of "love" and "in love" as well as telling her that I could settle for her and be content. Not happy, but content. Yes, those were pretty much my exact words. I know, I know...not the best phrasing at all. Not by a long shot. It's a bad habit of mine that I'm slowly trying to remedy, but making little progress.

Let me know if I'm going to fast for any of you all out there. I'll try to slow down a bit and re-explain some stuff. I try to be unbiased when I tell stories, and in later posts about the subject of me and *Luci* and our *Little Bean* If anything need to be cleared up or untangled..feel free to stop me at any time. . . but I digress. . .

Long and short, I've been summoned to court over in VA I believe in regards to custody of *Little Bean* I'm posting this now. "A brief history of *Bean* Part II will appear soon.

Hope I haven't bored ya'll too much; at least you all will know to skip the next posting of Part II if you didn't like this telling of this story. . .As always. . .Take it and be, well, you know.

No comments: