Thursday, March 03, 2005

Okay...I'm going to try to finish this up this time. . . Hopefully I won't take up too much more of your time with this.

I left off mentioning how *Luci* is a big phone person. I however am not. She feels like she is making all the effort of keeping our friendship and what's left of our relationship together and kind of working because she is the one to make the phone calls seemingly everyday, and the cahtting and emails more often than I do. I, however, feel like I am doing my part because while on the phone or in the chat box, I ask questions and try to answer using more than one or two words, unlike my counterpart who (during the rough conversations) will utter "okay," and "fine" and "not bad," in answer to my questions. So I just hush up with nothing left to say or ask, and I hear this: "You're quiet. Why?" This is usually the start of a Discussion.

Things are getting better though. We both attribute to the roughness of the conversations. We both dig and push. I think I see daylight at the end of our tunnel.

Well, on to my point of bad news on Mondays (yes, I had a point when I started 3 or 4 days ago).

*Luci* had talked with me about her going to the courthouse to file paperwork so that custody was official and not just by vocal agreement. Well, I agree that this is fine and dandy, but didn't expect what I got in the mail this particular Tuesday that felt like a Monday. Actual Monday, I found in the mailbox a li'l pink slip to pick a certified letter up from the local post office. So down I go. Pick it up and sign for it. Look at all the millions of stamps on it. The return address from Virgina. Hmm. . .What's this?? Open it up. Unfold it. **lean in close to look at it ** Whoa !! Check this out. . . It's a court summons ! Says "I COMMAND YOU" to appear in this court on this date. Nope. Not happening. Can't afford it. Wish I could, but can't. But the good news is that *Luci* had been talking around to family and friends, and apparently we can get papers drawn up the we both agree on, and get them notarized, and that should be suffice to represent my presence in court. That's what I'm hoping at least. We'll find out soon.

Okay, the telling of the tale so far is not complete in information and sub-stories, but has reached the present time. Bits of the story may come up later on as lost chapters and little anecdotes, but that will be for time to tell.

So long for now friends and foes, young and old. See you 'round next time.

Keep on keepin' on. Take it easy.

No comments: