Friday, March 18, 2005

It's Friday !! Woo ~~

Okay this is going to be a two parter, only 'cause I forgot to post this past Wednesday on something that rankled me fiercely. . .

I have to ask Where has most common traffic courtesy gone??? I'm mainly talking about the little lever on the side of the steering column. . . yes. That's the one. The turn signal. I was driving down to class from the Woodlands the other day (long ass trip down to Deer Park) and several people jumped into my lane in front of me as if their life depended on it. About 8 out of 12 people didn't even bother putting a signal on. I would have been satisfied with even a half-cracked-signal-as-I-am-changin,-last-minute-thought signal. It's not that hard.

Next. Granted it was raining for the beginning of my trip, but 30 mph. . .c'mon ! Even after the rain stopped (well almost stopped; it was drizzling) usually traffic is moving at least 50. Not this time. All the way down 45 from 1960 down past the northside of 610 was going 30. And not steadily either. Stop. Go. Stop. Crawl forward. Stop. Although that is another of my biggest peeves, I can handle it for a little stretch of road. But not all the way down.

I don't know if god was bored and felt like being malicious that morning, or if there was just a massive case of "what-the-hell" going on, but Damn, Was I glad I was on 610 out of the mess. It too me and hour to get from woodlands pkwy to the 610 loop. Blah !

Okay. . .I'm done. Sorry for griping. Thanks for listening. And as always, let me know if I eve unjustly opinionize upon everyone.

No comments: