Monday, September 12, 2005

Stuuufff......

So I've got three computers:

-----One good and working desktop as my main computer - this one I'm on now and has all my music and pictures and internet access

-----One old but working desktop - it uses a text based Linux operating system that fits on and is run from a 1.44 Mb floppy disk. This will be for learning programming or whatever.

-----One old and not quite at all working laptop - this used to my mom's she bought 5 or 6 years ago. It needs a new power adapter, the keyboard has a few keys that do not work, and I'm not sure if the battery is still good or not. Plus, it has no operating system...I can't use the restore disk for some reason, and can't format it for the same cryptic reason. And I can't do ANYTHING to it until I get an adapter. To get this one working would just be neat.


On another subject...Molly the van had a fuel leak. Luckily it was just that the end of the hose connecting to the tank was kinda cracked. Replaced that length of hose and everything seems to be peachy again. And not nearly so gasoline-smelly everywhere. Woo!


The time for the Texas Renaissance Festival is again drawing neigh, and I'll be working at Bald Mountain hat shop. Or at least at one of their hat shops...I hear there will be several booths around the fairgrounds. If anyone from the Houston area, or anywhere for that matter, is going to be at TRF, feel free to come look for me and say "Hi, Chris! I read your blog." I think it would be neat to meet some of the strangers that read my blog (if there are any).

And to all out there that read this blog and that I actually know, I love you all and am glad to know you. Even if communication is infrequent and scarce, I am glad that are or have been part of my life.

Came across a neat print this weekend too....had a little flower painted in watercolour (I guess) and beside the flower was printed " I walk, I fall, I get up........Meanwhile I keep dancing." Something about it just makes me smile and feel all goofy.

That's it for now...I've got one more paragraph to type on my sociology paper for tomorrow. I'll talk at you all later on.

With the greatest love possible,
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You still have the laptop! wow. I know why you can't use the restore disk. If you ever call your mother, I'll tell you why. *grin* You might consider telling your mother the dates of TRF. She might try a surprise visit