Saturday, August 27, 2005

WHOA ! ! !

So...I finally found some of my bookmarks after installing Linux and Windows, then reinstalling Linux and Windows with different sized partitions, then reinstalling Linux again cause I screwed something up, then AGAIN cause I screwed something up....thus explaining my long abscence from talking to a lot of people and getting anything productively done besides mess with my computer.

Anyway. Back to the point....I found all my blog bookmarks, and was reminded that "Oh, yeah ! I've got one too, and it's been...**peers at the most recent date** OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS ! ! It's been about 3/4 of a month since I've even LOOKED at my blog much less update it. Here I go !

Not sure where I left off and what I haven't said so I may repeat some stuff...such is my way.

Darbi lost her job due to some inner-office and (outer-office) crap of which she had knowledge. She wasn't involved in it, but knew the people that were, and got canned for it. Two weeks later she picked up another job, one which she likes much better. What she took in a pay cut, she's making up for in gas. 8 minute commute as opposed to the traffic she fought 20 -40 minutes to get through.

Luci has had it with her job (for quite some time now) and is preparing to drop that job like a bad habit. She recently applied for a job at a local college working with the bookstore -more specifically to be a Manager of the mail orders and stuff ((if I understand it right)). I probably didn't describe it quite right but MANAGER is the important word. She's been through one interview and aced it. Selection is down to her and one other, through an interview with the Big Boss. Good luck, babe ! I know you'll be great ! She's also going through some crap with some of her not-so-immediate family - one's it seems she would prefer not to call family. BUT ! things are coming around and it seems that those who deserve it are going to get what they deserve...both on the good and the bad ends of things.

Bean is getting bigger and growing teeth and walking more. Woo woo ! Currently I'm told she's cutting her molars and screaming a fuss to beat the devil. Also I've no specific information on how well she's walking, but I hear if she through a ball across the room, she's getting closer to being there when it reaches the other side...well, maybe not THAT well. but I'm sure she'll have it in no time. I believe the exact words I was told were, "She's a real pistol!" I may not express it much but I'm pretty proud of her. I'm proud of her mother too, for being a single mother, and dealing with all the stuff she's dealing with...she should know what I'm talking about...

I went down a few weeks ago and applied at photostudios in JCPennys and at a place in the mall. Thursday I had interviews with both places. JCPennys was 1-on-1, Picture People was an interesting group thing. They got us all talking, and answering open ended questions so as to get out personalities to show a bit. Kinda cool. Both interviews seemed to go okay. I dont' know which I'd rather work for either...we'll see.....

On Friday, I got an email from a friend of mine who works at the Renaissance Festival and she was offering a job. Said I was one of the first people she thought of. Made me feel pretty good. So, tho job is working at a hat shop, for 75 bucks a day. Woo woo ! She was looking for a guy and a gal so I asked Darbi and she was cool with working there, too. So that's an extra 300 bucks a weekend (in theory) for working probably 6 hours or so on Saturday and Sunday....not too bad a deal.

My big worry through it all is that I'll get overtasked, but it's only for a few months, and I can deal with that. A few hours lost sleep while doing homework, before a day of work or school, and a weekend of fun, relaxation, and a few more hours of work...and of course taking pictures of all the Ren Fair goers...mmm....scantily clad women in chain mail....mmmm...cleavage....and of course all the other outfits people wear up there...fairies, orcs, wizards, centaurs, fauns, all kinds of characters...and some people go through a lot of time and money for their outfits.

There's been a lot going on over the past few weeks. Some good, some not so good. Overall....not too bad *grin*

So until next time, enjoy the life you live ! Life is good....

Dreaming of the beach,
Chris

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

why the beach? Love Food.

Court Jester said...

Wow! At least you've had some great adventures. Glad to know, finally, what you've been up to. I've spent my entire computer time reading it all. (no wonder you never e-mail me *sniff, sniff*--at least I hope that's why)

Any-who! I'm glad you had a good time in VA and got along well w/ your baby and her mom. For a guy who doesn't want to be a dad, just yet, you're a pretty good one. I'm glad also for Darbi and for you w/ your jobs and interviews and such. Those things can go so wrong some times. I hate job hunting.

I don't know if you got any of my e-mails, but Germany is boring and I want to come home. Cody's been gone for a month now, but comes home on the 5th(after the four day week end). Then he's off for more training in the field for another month. It's tough, but, eh, you gotta do it when you're married. *giggle* Something about it in the contract I signed! ^_^ Seriously, though, it's not so bad. Tough, but nothing I can't handle.

Time's up! Peace out, and love always...

--AmandaN/McG.

Monkey Boy said...

Food: Why not the beach? I love it and have had a LOT of good memories at the beach, and have only been to a beach once this summer. It was great being there with you. I'm due for another trip to the beach though...I'm fiending for a fix ! !

Anonymous said...

I agree Blode. If I get this job I think I might convince SOMEONE to go to the beach before summer officially ends and before I have to start. It'll be like a new begining. Only 2 days til the interview. Keep your fingers crossed ...this could be great for me and Bean. I totally need to live closer to the beach ...loved walkin at night, but you knew that. Love Food.

Anonymous said...

Working a few hours a week is overtaxed?

Anonymous said...

Is it not sad when a mother has to read her son's blog to find out what's up with his life?

Anonymous said...

What? It would have killed you to call your mother?

Anonymous said...

Nekkid,

Update Blog, call your Mom and give Sister a hug for me.


Love you both. I have been out of the loop with class and taken care of the boys I am running with the low fuel light on, I never responsibility was so draining to the soul and body.

call me soon.. Love you both very much... What about pics? Gotta get them from you...

Faire: 18 days and counting...