Sunday, December 15, 2013

New phone!

So after many months of dealing with my phone's battery draining much quicker than it should (as well as a few other minor issues), I finally went to the store and browsed phones and pricing plans.  Picked up a slightly smaller phone for $0 down and not much tacked on to my monthly bill. Score one for me!

But wait.....there's more.

Turns out this slightly smaller phone is also slightly slower than I'd prefer. In addition, I had really gotten used to that large screen coming in handy for maps and reading text updates. I waffle about spending a fifty dollar restocking fee or just dealing with the minor inconvenience of smaller screen and marginally slower loading of apps.

Back to the store! Zoooom!

So, once again I'm looking at my options of fancy schmancy phones that don't require much down (hopefully nothing) and also don't increase my bill much. Choices are narrowed down to Galaxy 3 and Sony Xperia Z. Both are pretty comparable in features and speed, but the Xperia has one feature that is particularly appealing, especially since I'll be travelling and exposed to the elements a little more regularly. 

It's waterproof. WATER. PROOF! 

Only rated for 3ft for 30 minutes (or something to that effect), and it's not exactly made to be used as an underwater phone or camera, but enough that one can drop it in a puddle or sink and it will be fine. After watching several videos on Youtube, I decided to test it out. Sure enough, it operates underwater with no ill effect. It's been about a week and I'm pretty pleased 

Yay!!! So I've got a new phone that has a nice camera, pretty decent speakers for music, and shouldn't get all goobered up in the rain. Hopefully this one holds up for a while.



No comments: