Wednesday, December 04, 2013

And time for another change in life!

I have made my decision.

From my introduction to renaissance festivals (both to work or attend), I have wanted to travel around the country with the rest of the "rennies". Before committing myself to the road in a rickety VW bus and no savings, I wanted to get a degree, a more reliable car, and perhaps some savings.

After ten years, I think I'm ready. I've got an Associates Degree (took me 7 years but goal attained) in a mobile trade, Web Design. There's a reliable car that hauls a bunch of stuff and has plenty of room to sleep in is paid off in the driveway. We won't really get into the contents of my savings account.

As Meatloaf says, "Don't be sad; two out of three ain't bad."

Things have been going pretty well lately and my life is in a place that I think it might be time. I've been discussing opportunities and plans with a few of my traveling friends, and have been met with many responses of support and lots of statements of "About time! What took you so long?"

Trailer hitch is on the way, decent prospect for trailer (on which to build a mini-camper), and after I build/buy a cartop cargo box, I should be set to hit the road. I've a job lined up to start things out at Sherwood faire over towards Austin. Prospective lineup of travel will be on to Scarborough Ren Faire (Apr-May), then onward to Colorado (June-July), followed by either Michigan or Minnesota (Aug - Sept), and back home to Tex Ren Fest (Oct-Nov) to bed down for the winter.

That's just a plan though. All of it depends on where I can find work...and look at all these options I have from which to choose.  Here's another list organized by month. Several of my friends I've talked to have not known that there was more than one ren faire or that there were others across the country. For those of my local friends that like to travel and can afford to do so, keep track of me on Facebook and use me as an excuse to visit another festival around the country.

Now, it's crashtime in the hammock.

G'nite all ya'll...see ya!

No comments: