Thursday, December 05, 2013

Gah! It's cold! But hitches don't care!

Short little post regarding weather and car maintenance. Somehow, and it may just be selective memory working here, but it seems that most times I have an auto project to work on, the weather turns sour.

I remember in particular one time I was working on my VW bus and had to either put in or take out the engine. Well, that day Mother Nature in all her care and generosity decided to bath everything with a powerwasher. No gentle drizzle. No light fog. Downpour! Deluge! Maelstrom!   ...   So I push the van far enough into the garage as I could, mixed a big ol' rum & coke, and made things happen. 

(Another time I couldn't feel my fingers while adjusting the valve clearances in winter in New York)

Today I'm installing a trailer hitch to my Element. It rained earlier so the ground is damp, but that's a minor thing. It's cold. So I'm bundling up, mixing me a big ol' rum & drPepper, and making things happen. At least the wiring portion is mainly inside the car.

Plans are to have a few pics later to put up.

Or at least one of a finished procedure.

Or a drunk me.

Maybe both.

No comments: