Friday, May 28, 2010

Out on Lake Woodlands today for the second time in my li'l boat. It doesn't move fast, but it keeps me above the water.

As I was cruising my bicycle along the sidewalk at the park, I was espied by a teenage boy and his friend, both named Eric. They approached and asked simply, "Are you Hippie Chris?" I said yes, as I've been called versions of that by many for years. Kid told me he'd met me a few years ago when he was around 13; maybe I remembered his friend Dave with the long hair? I think he may have been one of the kids that used to cheer when they saw me drive by in my VW bus.

Strange little world we wander.

Then, while packing up after my boat ride I get sucked into conversation with some gal about religion and such, inspired by a question about my tattoo. Eventually it gets too hot sitting in the sun and I'm eager to get home and shower off, so we draw the conversation to a close and I enjoy the short ride home.

Upon the ride home, thanks to my backpack, I notice my upper arms are a little tender from the sun. Life is wonderful now that summer is here. I've missed it over the many cold snaps we had this past winter/spring.

Out tonight to get-together over dinner with a few oldish friends, and meeting some newish ones possibly. Then, who knows? Maybe a late night out; maybe a late night in. Either way life is good.

I love life.



No comments: