Saturday, February 17, 2007

Back in the world again....sorta

So over the past month and a half we've had to prioritize bills and stuff, and cable/internet fell to the bottom. Not a total excuse for not being around the 'net because there are other options besides my home computer, but I've also been super busy at work.

New job of building desks and cabinets and such has kept me busy usually between 40 and 80 hours a week, even though the boss says "we're not going to work over 40 hours from now on" and then a few weeks later after 40+ hours reiterates his statement saying we're going to work 10 hour days Monday through Thursday with a 3 day weekend. Needless to say I don't hold my breath. Good thing too because guess what happened the same week he issued that statement. Yup. Friday all the boys are up at work. I don't know if it was a ful day or not because I was sitting at home waiting for the cable guy to come hook the cables back up so we can watch TV and play on the internet again. Woo! I do understand that the buyers needs decide our hours and that everything is subject to change at any time, but still, it's a pain in the ass.

Bad news on the school issue...as usual. A series of bad tires tand the subsequent replacing of said tires cause us to be short tuition by the deadline. It was a busy end of the year, as I was thinking about going to another school (applied, submitted portfolio and go t accepted) but decided not to go there at the last minute therefore puttin a rush on applying at the college near the house here. March 7th starts summer registration for classes in June. I'm going to be there attending. It'll feel good to be in school again.

Anyway. I'm back off to finish intalling video and mp3 support for the Linux version I'm running. It's being a real pain so I needed this break. Hope you all out there are enjoying the winter and for the fellow Texans around here freezing our asses off, I hope you are finding some way of staying warm...

Take care, everyone!
Chris

No comments: